Being the first-time parents of a toddler presents all manner of thresholds to conquer and potty-training could possibly be the most-prized achievement.
As the little one has stuck with us through a number of household moves to differing climates — not to mention the varied day-care that accompanies the migration — it's not really a surprise to have a bit of a struggle 'taking to the pot,' as it were.
This past week we have indeed climbed that mountain, I'm speaking, of course, of my daughter's first 'poop in the pot,' a glorious achievement I had never thought to be as ... well ... moving.
Such momentous was the occasion that a photo documenting the excretion had to be snapped. Exhorting the toddler not to 'touch anything,' I exited the room to snatch the camera and quickly return.
As I composed the frame to capture the essence of the occasion, my daughter — in her infinite wisdom — peered into the pot and shouted "Say 'cheese,' poop!"
{Given the literal nature of the achievement, you can understand the rather banal illustration that accompanies today's post as opposed to, well, you know ...}
The child's thrill of achievement was surpassed only by mine (I mean, this is real progress) and we celebrated with the only at-hand snack for the triumphant: Nonni's Chocolate Decadence biscotti and some milk.
I can't wait until the first time she kicks some boy's ass. Jeez, what a meal that's going to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment