Thursday, February 28, 2013

Kindergarten krush

One unappetizing vision.

   Well, it was bound to happen. My daughter and one of her classmates have professed their love for one another.
   He's 6, she's 5.
   It figures.
   I'm not sure how it all started but it appears he's captured her tender heart with vivid descriptions of a trip to Chuck E. Cheese's. I really didn't think I'd be having to deal with this so soon, but would I ever be ready?
  Daughter: Daddy, can we please go to Chuck E. Cheese's?
  Me: Well, we'll have to talk to mother about it.
  Daughter: Awww, do we have to?
  Me (emboldened by her slight deflation): Yes, I'm afraid so.
  You see my tender offspring has never been to the boisterous pasta bistro, and no doubt her 'boyfriend' has filled her head with visions of some sort of pizza-scented nirvana.
   Me (attempting to dampen her spirits a bit more): It's so loud there.
   Daughter (who has never been to such a place): No it isn't.
   And so it begins.
   In order to drown out the screeching and banging I imagine I'll have to load the iPod with Ozzy Osbourne, Hendrix and some Stones for the inevitable trip to the munchkin mecca.
   I somehow found myself inside an upChuck E. a couple of decades ago. I can't remember why or exactly where. All I do recall is that I wanted to get out as soon as possible. I don't even think the party I was with included any kids.
   What I do know is that this 'older fella' my precious girl is enamored with better keep his hands where I can see them or he might be finding it difficult to pick up his pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment